I understand that Move-Net offers a full service move, but is there anything I should do before the movers arrive?
Yes. The single most important thing you can do is to be as organized as possible. You should make sure that:
- All items that you are taking personally should be separated, placed out of the way or in your vehicle and/or clearly marked.
- Refrigerators and freezers are fully defrosted.
- Washers, dryers and ice makers are disconnected.
- Lawnmowers and similar tools have had all the gasoline emptied from their tank. An exception to this is riding mowers; leave enough fuel in the tank so that it can be loaded and unloaded with its own power.
- All propane tanks are detached from grills.
- Any items attached to walls or ceilings have been removed.